Support CAP UCLA
Contact the development team
at 310.794.4033 or
You can directly support CAP UCLA by becoming a member and enjoy a variety of benefits.

You can also make additional gifts that invest in the Center’s presentation and arts-education goals. Gifts that support our programs and initiatives are 100% tax-deductible.

Click on the links provided below and contribute directly.

We thank you for your support.
CAP UCLA will launch a capital campaign to raise funds for the renovation and activation of its new performance space, the UCLA Nimoy Theater. Through philanthropic support, the space will be transformed from a dormant movie theater into an innovative and flexible 250+ seat performing arts venue that will play a vital role in the arts ecology of Los Angeles. Inspired by this vision, and to inspire other arts supporters, one of the campaign’s lead donors has made a challenge gift that will match dollar for dollar all contributions to the campaign up to $2.5 million.
The Director’s Fund bolsters the vision behind the major initiatives at CAP UCLA. Support to the Director’s Fund accelerates our participation in the international dialogues pertinent to the performing arts with cultural partners and global networks. This support galvanizes our leadership efforts that result in proactive creative development, and is the sole resource through which the Artistic Director is able to make advance commitments to projects that would otherwise languish in the delay of annual budget approval cycles.

While that may not sound sexy, the reality is ~ 70% of the artists and major projects that are presented come from the Director’s proactive commitment. The remaining 30% evolve from routed touring opportunities. If these figures were reversed, the majority of the season would be derived from what is shaped by availability rather than visionary pursuit.
Artists need resources and space for creative research, rehearsal and experimentation. Long before a performance is ready for a public audience, it is being tested, critiqued and refined behind the scenes. The Residency Fund supports CAP UCLA’s initiative to award up to 8 artists a concentrated creative development period within the Royce Hall rehearsal space.  Resident artists are given access to UCLA research areas, the special collections archives and research libraries, in addition to the expertise of the Center’s departmental staff. Artists typically open one “work in progress” showing for students, CAP UCLA members or their artist peers towards the end of the residency, which are hosted by the Center.
The Artists acknowledged as Fellows are considered master practitioners in their artistic achievements, and benefit from a three year commitment by the Center to present their ongoing works under full production as part of the main stage public programming. In addition, the Center develops enhanced contextual and archival material for each of the artists, and forges connections on their behalf that can expand the support for their future work. Fellows are on campus intermittently over the three years, and are generous in exchanging their practices with students and academics in addition to provoking ideas for the Center to consider. Inaugural Fellows include: Laurie Anderson and Robert Wilson.

Contributors to the Fellows Fund, provide lasting impact to renowned artists whose legacy and work becomes an enduring part of UCLA for future generations.
When you Buy A Bus for CAP UCLA you help fill a crucial void in arts education for K-12 students. Most public schools do not have any funds to pay for buses for field trips of any kind. To help remedy this crisis, we established the Perloff Memorial Bus Fund which provides free transportation for schools to attend DFS programs.

Contributions to the Perloff Memorial Bus Fund specifically subsidize transportation to UCLA for DFS events. Please note, because Buy-A-Bus contributions are fully tax-deductible and specifically directed to underwrite student transport, those funds cannot be applied to CAP UCLA membership support.
Many times, organizations, people and companies opt to support our mission and programs by donating goods and services that help us celebrate the art of performance with our artists and audiences.

We love this. And, it goes a long way.

If you have a product or service to offer and want to help us do what we do, you may qualify for an opportunity to make a gift in-kind.

For more information, please contact CAP UCLA Development at 310.794.4033 or
Examples of Planned Gift Arrangements:
  • Bequest through a will
  • Gift through a living trust or other non-charitable trust
  • Charitable remainder trust
To learn more about gift planning please click here.

If you are interested in making a planned gift to the Center, please contact CAP UCLA Development at 310-206-0254, or email UCLA Gift Planning at